XL4 RTU Upgrades from QTech – utilise the full power of the processor within
QTech offer the ability to upgrade existing XL4 RTUs to gain the benefits of the latest XL4 Plus RTU firmware.
These cost effective upgrades give you more communication options, more data logging and more integration options.
Why upgrade your XL4 to XL4 Plus?
• Gives your XL4 the ability to capture over 65,000 data points instead of the original 255 it was shipped with. Capture more data from PLCs and other devices on your SCADA system.
• Supports multiple instances of Modbus RTU/ASCll/TCP and Allen Bradley DF1 industrial protocols on separate ports. Slave units can have their poll rates set individually if required.
• Supports Modbus over RS485, RS232, and Ethernet.
• The Real Time Operating System (RTOS) ensures a more robust and faster performance of tasks.
• Base station communications can be made with digital radios, Ethernet, cellular or analogue radio.
• Store & forward communication (RTU-RTU).
• Dual Comms provides genuine redundant base station communications with simultaneous radio and Ethernet communication. Provides security of radio communications in the event of failure of the LAN/WAN connection, particularly when you have large volumes of data to retrieve, e.g., in Drinking Water Standards applications.
• The Ethernet port can service multiple TCP connections simultaneously, so you can have Modbus and QComms running at the same time.
• Floating-Point number support for enhanced device integration.
• Easy USB firmware upgrades.
• Be ready to take advantage of our future firmware enhancements that will include adding TCP connectivity to Workbench to allow remote configuration of RTUs etc.
Two Upgrade options
Want XL4 Plus functionality but don’t need Modbus or DF1 on the RTU?
The XL4 Plus – Legacy upgrade option is ideal. It includes QComms & Store and Forward functionality but without the third-party communications options (as per the old XL4).
Need all the features?
Choose the “XL4 Plus” upgrade option – this fully bundled product incorporates the communications options ModBus, DF1 as well as QComms Store and Forward, that were previously optional extras to an XL4.