Database Import Utility
DATRAN Database Import provides an easy method of importing CSV format data from third party products such as data loggers, into the DATRAN database.
This solution allows a single database to be used for both the DATRAN SCADA system and third party products.
Operators can then use common tools to display and report on the data, saving time and money.
DATRAN Database Import allows CSV format files to be manipulated and imported into the DATRAN Database. After importing, the data can be analysed using the existing DATRAN tools such as Historical Trending or DATRAN Reporting.
CSV files are extensively used by electronic products and software applications to store data.
Although most data loggers export data to a CSV Format, this format has no rigid structure which means that a CSV file exported from one application is unlikely to be able to be imported in another, usually causing a lengthy manual conversion process.
DATRAN Database Import is the perfect solution to this time consuming and labour intensive problem.
An innovative user interface provides the mappings between the various columns within the CSV file and the required fields in the DATRAN database.
Importing data is now as simple as:
1. Create a graphical mapping file to define the relationship between the data
2. Click the import button
- Intuitive and easy to use user interface
- Flexible CSV column configuration for compatibility with most CSV formats, not just the ones listed above
- Support for the Data Logger’s site name embedded in the CSV file
- Support for column headings being embedded in the CSV file
- Support for records starting on a user specified row
- Support for user specified column delimiter, e.g. tab separated files
- Support for both digital and analogue points
- Analogue points can have the units and range specified to enhance the information shown by Historical Trending
- Support for multiple data columns in a single import
- Ability to combine CSV columns
- Ability to use arbitrary text as fields in the DATRAN database
- Single file import or an entire folder by a single mouse click
- A status report is generated for each CSV file that has been imported
- In the event of CSV import failure the problem is reported in the status report and all records imported from that CSV file are removed from the database leaving it in a known state